Saturday, February 8, 2014

'Dear Mr. Manning' letter goes viral

I teach my students that good writing will get attention. And that a topic that resonates with people along with the right timing will ensure a lot of attention.

But I had no idea how much attention my "Open Letter to Peyton Manning" would actually get.

Thanks to all of you who read, shared, commented, debated and reached out to me.

I knew my thoughts were neither revolutionary nor remarkable. But the overwhelming response on social media and the news media proves my point - Peyton Manning deserves to be celebrated no matter how good/bad he plays in the most recent game.

*And for those who called me a soccer mom who just wanted to emphasize playing the game and not winning it, you missed the point. I'm all for winning and preparing to win - just as I believe Manning is. And while I know the Super Bowl loss will tarnish his NFL storied career, it does nothing to tarnish his legacy.

But I digress.

For those interested, here is a round-up of some of the media play:

'Dear Mr. Manning' 


A Broncos fan's letter to Manning a fantastic read



A mom's letter to Peyton Manning


Mt. Pleasant woman's 'Dear Mr. Manning' letter goes viral





No comments:

Post a Comment